NTSE 2020 scholarships will be awarded up to the doctoral level for steams of science and social science. While the sum of the scholarship can be obtained up to the second degree level for medicine and engineering classes. From 1000 to 2000, the number of NTSE scholarships was increased in 2019.
New Changes in NTSE Scholarship
Last year, as stated below, NCERT presented a few modifications to the test:
- No Language Paper- NTSE 2020 will not have a language paper.
- New Reservation— NTSE Exam added an additional 27% booking for OBC (Non-creamy Layer) apart from the current 15%, 7.5% and 4% for SC, ST and physically disabled. The revenue cap for OBC NCL is presently 8 Lakh per year.
- Exam Timing- The length of the NTSE exam was improved from 3 hours to 4 hours. The MAT and SAT duration is 2 hours each.
- Total Marks- Total marks from 150 to 200 were improved.
- Scholarship Number- Increased from 1000 to 2000.
NTSE 2020 Scholarships
|Level of Education||NTSE Scholarship amount (in INR)|
|Class XI to Class XII||Rs.1250 pm|
|Undergraduate and postgraduate level||Rs. 2000 pm|
|Ph.D. level||As per UGC norms|