Below is the examination pattern for both NTSE phases. The NTSE exam pattern 2020 contains details on the number of questions that have been asked, the marking scheme, the time allocated and much more.
NTSE Exam Pattern for Stage 1 & 2
- For Stage 1 and Stage 2 the NTSE exam pattern continues the same. However, the test’s amount of difficulty may differ.
- In order to qualify for the examination, students must score 32 percent for the SC, ST and PWD category and 40 percent for the General category.
- Students must qualify MAT & SAT independently with minimum cut-off marks to get selected for NTSE Stage II.
- The test duration for each paper is 120 minutes or 2 hours.
- The experiment will be carried out in offline mode or in paper and pen mode.
- Every issue has one mark.
- No negative marking is available.
|Papers||Test||No. of questions||Marks||Duration||Timings|
|Paper I||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||120 minutes||9:30 am to 11:30 am (till 12 noon for visually challenged candidates)|
|Paper II||Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100 (Science40, Mathematics-20, Social Science40)||100||120 minutes||13:30 pm to 15:30 pm (till 16:00 pm for visually challenged candidates)|