Here we are discussing some psychological tips that students can implement in their studies for effective learning and also these tips include help from parents as well as teachers. Read here the psychological tips for effective learning –
1. Level of knowledge – This is a most common psychological thing i.e. if students know about a concept or subject then they will definitely take interest in studying relevant topics and also, they would answer the relevant asked questions with interest. They will be more attentive about concept or subject in the classroom and the effects will be seen in their results. For example, students who know about trigonometry will definitely take more interest in the questions relevant to the chapter. Therefore, knowledge about a concept or topic helps students psychology, boosts their confidence and they are motivated to learn effectively and perform well in exams.
2. Regular practice – ‘Practice makes man perfect’, this is no hidden fact and if students implement it in their study routine then it will help them psychologically as well. With regularly practising study material including sample papers, mock test papers, formative and summative assessments etc. studies, they will be confident and would remember whatever they learn for the long term.
3. Self-discipline – For effective learning, only students can help themselves by regulating their day-to-day activities including attentiveness in the classroom, learning strategies, with their schedules as well as their social lives. Self-control and discipline will help a student in becoming determinant about their goals.
4. Creativity skills – When students are creatively inclined or have the creative ability then they are able to adapt every other subject creatively, which means they implement the learning techniques creatively for every subject. Even if, students are not that into creativity or they lack creative skills, then they can be encouraged to participate in some or other creative activity, for example designing models for projects or research-based projects, which will make students implement their cognitive skills and critical thinking into their learning experience. When students learn by the practical approach and they put efforts for their studies then they definitely learn in the much better way.
5. Self-motivational skills – Students need the motivation to achieve their goals even if it is academic or extra-curricular goals. This motivation should come not only from parents, friends as well as from students within. When students regularly motivate themselves to achieve goals, their mind sends them positive signals which in turn boosts their confidence and they work towards the achievement of their goals.
6. Motivation from teachers and parents – Parents try every technique to get their child achieve their academic goals and this includes motivation as well. The motivational techniques parents apply includes negative motivation i.e. punishments and positive motivation i.e. rewards on the achievement of desired goals. However, parents, as well as teachers, need to change their strategies of motivating the students because as students grow up they try to understand every aspect of things and they no longer believe in rewards and punishments.
7. Good interpersonal skills – The skills to develop a connection with people by interacting with them. The most common term for interpersonal skills is socialising. For effective learning, students need to open up and above their comfort level. The easiest way to develop interpersonal skills is by communicating with their classmates and also by raising their doubts and clarifying it with their teachers in the classroom only. Therefore, It is essential for every student to develop their interpersonal skills for effective learning.
8. Regular feedback – This is a technique where parents and teachers need to participate to provide students with genuine feedback about their academic or extra-curricular performance. The feedback works in favour of students as they get to know about their strength and weaknesses, and then they work on improving them. Regular feedback also boost students morale and also, they make efforts to enhance their performance.
Conclusion: The tips mentioned in this article will definitely help students in their effective learning as these are aimed to enhance their skills, boost their confidence and morale.